Stadium2

Stadium2

Friday, February 11, 2011

Rich's Idea

My brother Rich is incredibly innovative. Not in the gadgety way. Most people are thinking about right now or maybe even tomorrow. Rich is thinking about 3 months and 3 years from now.
Rewind to last Wednesday. I open my email to find a Bleacher Report that says a Seminole player was arrested for a non-moving violation and driving with a suspended license. From what I read these players eat live and breath together and the coaches are guiding them. My brother says "You're telling me there is no fail safe to let you know when one of your players has a suspended license? They should have something that sends out an alert or something" Players have special tutors (that was a disaster several years ago), special dorms, special eating arrangements, but there is no alarm that goes off when one has a driver's license issue? You've been in these kids homes recruiting them and you promise to take care of their son but you don't know about their "records". I say they hire somebody to comb records and make reasonably sure you are educated in these kids backgrounds. Do you know what Bill "the Tuna" Parcells says about Lawrence Taylor? He made Lawrence a better player but failed at making him a greater man. Well, it starts in college. Perhaps there is some sort of NCAA rule against it. I don't know. But what I do know is that FSU and UF (and from what I hear Penn State, those guys really love to be "detained") could use some brainstorming on the idea. Credit goes to Rich.

1 comment:

  1. ... you can have your license suspended for not paying a ticket.... kinda dumb though. You think that if you were in college, you might be smart enough to remember to pay your parking tickets.

    ReplyDelete