Stadium2

Stadium2

Monday, June 2, 2014

Fashionably Late: Settling up on Jaguars 1st and 2nd Round Picks and Girl Talk

I realize this post is late at best, but sometimes these things must simmer.

You must watch this:




http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars/0ap2000000348083/Jaguars-select-Bortles-with-No-3-pick



I must say, I didn't think it would go that way. I was pretty sure the Texans were going to take Bortles because one of their new coaches was his college coach. So, it would only make sense for the Texans to take him for many reasons and from a comfort standpoint. Not to mention, Matt Schaub (bless his heart!! After being followed and harangued by fans at his home!!?? #HOP That's what gated communities are for!!!) going to Oakland.  So, the Texans have a lights out defense. What do they do? They take Clowney, the top defensive prospect. Well ok. I hope you are confident in that training wreck of a QB situation in which you find yourself in, Texans. Offense wins games, defense wins championships, as the saying goes. But you can't win games without a QB.



So, I was surprised the Jaguars take Bortles. Not unhappy, throwing the "you're number one sign" at the draft party and stomping out because it wasn't Manziel. I thought it could be Manziel, but he just didn't fit. Too much splash. So my friends are blowing up my phone. Some good. Some bad. Some say "What do you think?". What I think is this: let me let this insanity sink in. Somehow I seem to recall this as I'm walking back to my car following the draft party:



You see the date!? That's a week and a half before the draft.  So what, you ask?! Leadership ability to say the least?! Stepping up may be his thing. Stepping up to the responsibility plate, stepping up into the pocket to make throws. Maybe he can handle leading a team unlike another QB who shall not be named who we sent to the 49ers for a 6th round pick? Maybe he doesn't cave with pressure? Maybe he thrives in pressure?! I don't know and I kinda don't care. I just care about the future. The future of winning in Jacksonville.


Now the question is, when will he start? Chad Henne is the starter for the foreseeable future and I guess that's ok. We know what we have in him. Does part of me close my eyes and giggle about  Bortles not really being sat his first year? YEAH!! But realistically, I don't need a QB situation like the previous QB now with the 49ers. So I can wait. 


But to me, the real news is the acquisition of Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson. That's exciting. Maybe, for the first time in a long time, the Wide Receiving Group will not be an issue the way it's been since Jimmy Smith left. That would be so nice to enter the 21st century of football. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking our Running Back Group, MJD and Fred Taylor.  But, I believe and correct me if I'm wrong, the first RB was not picked until the 4th round this year. That's huge. The league is more than ever a passing league. And we need to be driving that bus.  Not to mention Marqise Lee is an extremely nice guy who you just want good things to happen to him. Well, now that we've discussed the State of The Jaguars Draft, let's get down to girl talk.




One of my ultimate dream/bucket list item is to be at the draft. I'm totaling kicking myself for not making it happen this year. But maybe next year. I digress. To the fine woman who was seen after Bortles was picked, in the crowd around, 46 secs into the video, with a PINK (not teal/black) shirt/sweater with Detroit Lions pin (SERIOUSLY??!!!???) and a Jaguar pin holding a Jaguars sticker above her head: I'm sure you are a lovely woman. However, I really hope to be standing where you are standing next year. I will be wearing Teal and Black. I will be rocking a recent highlight and cut by Marissa Buttner. And I won't be wearing a Detroit Lions pin. 

We Must Protect This House

Haters Gonna Hate

Playas Gonna Play

Don't Hate The Playa, Hate The Game


MDK In The House

No comments:

Post a Comment