Stadium2

Stadium2

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My 3 Cents, Jaguars and Otherwise

Well. Change has been in the wind lately for the Jacksonville Jaguars. For me, it's as if the franchise is brand new to a certain point. The owner is new, by a year, the General Manager is new (YAAAAYYY), the head coach is new, new logo, and new uniforms. I believe it is/will be an exciting time for the Jaguars. I'm optimistic. However, that doesn't mean I expect them to go 16-0 next year. This year will more than likely be an evaluation of sorts. I expect the GM and HC to get a scheme down. My definition of scheme is somewhat vague. But, I believe that each NFL franchise has a way of doing things, a scheme: the players that are picked, the plays called, the coaches' philosophies. I don't think necessarily that any NFL player can be put on any team and they will be successful. I guess scheme also goes hand in hand with Identity. What will our Identity be? I don't know. But I can tell you I feel confident in the people making the decisions. Confident, in a way that I haven't been confident, in quite some time.

This is exciting for me personally because if you've read my blog you know that I'm from Jacksonville originally. I remember as a girl/teenager in the 80's all the talk about getting an NFL team. I leave in 1991 and 1993 the announcement comes. At the time living in Atlanta, I wasn't all that interested and to be quite frank, it wasn't big news there. Upon my return to Jacksonville in 2003, it took me until 2005 to "get it". So this is completely new for me and I'm excited. Naysayers AKA Haters beware.

And then there's FSU. *SIGH* They only seem to be going backwards. Lost to NC State, lost to Florida, won the ACC Championship??!!!! C'mon man!! You HAVE to beat Florida. HAVE TO. Now Jimbo has lost 6 of 9 assistants. The last being the offensive coordinator, James Coley. I kinda feel bad for the guy. Jimbo refused to relinquish play calling duties to him, which he promised he would within 5 yrs of becoming the head coach, so Coley takes a job with Miami. MIAMI??!! So Jimbo will start all over again. He loses a lot of scouting. And this is taking the shape of a perfect storm. Jimbo will once again be calling plays (probably all of them from the looks of it)-disaster. Jimbo's scouting abilities in regards to assistants-disaster.  Coach Trickett's son is the Quarterback this year barring any unforseen dark horses-disaster (unless Jameis Winston is ready). AND not selling out games again this year-disaster. And I won't even go into penalties. Don't look for me to relinquish the #RG (rebound girlfriend) status from behind his name anytime soon. He might need to be reminded that he's no Bobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment