Stadium2

Stadium2

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bounty? The Quicker Picker Upper?

I hope y'all are enjoying this blog. Please feel free to comment. I've actually been getting some requests on what I should write about. I try to keep this blog relatively light and fun with a dash of a girl's perspective. I might've done a little too much "Luck Hating", but who cares.
Gregg Williams. Bounty System? In this day and age of injury ridden retirees, I'm a little surprised you went there. Apparently I shouldn't be. They are connecting him with Bounty situations at Washington Redskins and the Buffalo Bills. But thankfully his time with the Jacksonville Jaguars was uneventful. You have to wonder why he only lasted 1 year in Jacksonville. Did he try his Boba Fett routine here? Was it not encouraged? That's not surprising. Jacksonville tries to keep a squeaky clean facade. Now whether it's actually squeaky clean can be up for debate.
To me it's really amazing with all of the light on injuries in the NFL, that a successful D-Coordinator kept a Bounty System going that supposedly created season ending and career ending events for players. Isn't that a bit narcissistic? He's such a GREAT Defensive Coordinator that he had to use cash incentives so players would give a little extra and end up ruining other players lives? And what if opposing players did the same against him and his team? I'm also surprised given the light that has been on Steve Gleason, a former Saints Defensive player, who has been diagnosed with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). Presumably from taking and delivering brutal hits. His website http://www.teamgleason.org/ is worth reading. He was also showcased on the pre-game Super Bowl Show this year. I think of something a wise person said: You never know how the things you do today, can have an impact on others in the future. Should Gregg Williams continue to coach? I'm sure Jeff Fisher won't mind the brutality on his team this year.
But truly the most surprising idea of all, is that some are reporting Drew Brees knew about it. Come on. I'm always "down" for some Conspiracy. I can't (or won't) see it. Brees is Vice-President NFL Players Association Executive Committee and former player representative. And some people are calling for full disclosure on what he knew. How can we assume he knew?
I wrote this post awhile back. Today, Gregg Williams has been suspended from the NFL indefinitely. Sean Payton has been suspended for a year. WOW. That's pretty harsh. However, nothing compared to all the hits delivered, ended seasons, and ended careers.

MDK in the House

No comments:

Post a Comment