Stadium2

Stadium2

Friday, September 23, 2011

You're On My Heart Just Like a Tattoo

Last week, my precious pup Tattoo passed away. For those of you that knew him and me, you know how special he was to me. Not only did he play dress up for the Christmas Card (see above). He was a fantastic pillow to take a nap on.
He was a very shrewd Fantasy Football Owner. Watching dilligently on Sunday afternoons to ensure a win. (see above).

He also had his favorite teams and his version of an FSU snuggie.

Tattoo was a Smooth Collie (like Lassie but with Labrador hair) rescued by Joyce and Margo on behalf of Collies Florida Rescue. Without them he surely would've perished. He was rescued the very same day that Dixie (my Shetland Sheepdog) passed away. When I saw him on the internet, I loved him immediately. He came with his own unique set of issues. He was highly allergic to chicken and beef and grass that he loved to roam. Lucky for him he had Dr. Castner first and then Dr. Cone from Coastal Veterinary Hospital to treat him (they have a great doogie daycare too).

Tattoo had an unfailing ability to wake up for the pizza box and for the Chick-Fil-A sandwich bag opening. That long nose could get him into some tight spots.

Most of all he will be missed for his unconditional love. Because in the beginning, I thought I was rescuing him. After he passed, I found that he rescued me.

RIP-Tattoo

MDKin the House

No comments:

Post a Comment