Stadium2

Stadium2

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's About Trust, Stupid

Before reading this blog, please read a previous blog of mine "The Fan". I will try not to use all caps. I can't promise.

     Just today I was thinking about all of the Jaguar Naysayers. I was thinking that once you commit to loving a team, it doesn't matter win or lose, you are still going to love them. That love was tested today.
     Jack Del Rio announced today that the Jacksonville Jaguars were releasing David Garrard. He announced that a Journeyman, twice blown out knee candidate of 30 yrs. old is to be our starter. Fantastic. Was Garrard THE ANSWER? No. Was he going to be here after this season? Probably not. WE ALL KNEW THAT. But when the Jaguars Organization came out several weeks ago and said David Garrard was to be the starter, you had to assume that was the end of the conversation.Then today.
      So, let me get this right. We are supposed to eat up everything the organization says and believe it. Only to have it reversed when they feel it's necessary 5 days before the season opener. Again.        
      Yeah. I said it. Again. This is Deja Vu all over again(thanks Yogi). The Almighty take-out droppin, injury hidin', trippin' over his own 2 left feet Leftwich (aka Slowich). He was fired in the same manner.
     I ask you: was Brett Favre treated like this? No a decision was made early on the Packers were going a different direction. Jack Del Rio you are a day late and a dollar short. You have left us with no options. You will not make the playoffs. And you will not be with us next season. It's just too bad Wayne Weaver won't fire your bee-hind shortly before the season opener against the Titans. You know and hire a real coach.
     So disappointed.
     Then there is my conspiracy theory. Yeah, I know. This is all a grand scheme. I can't believe I'm going to say the next thing. I really don't want it to happen. But I feel it likely will. This is all an attempt to.......
have enough salary cap to acquire..... Tim Tebow. He is third string with the Broncos and getting ready to use the "Wild Horse ala Wild Cat" in Denver. I'm sure Denver wouldn't mind letting the first rounder go to Jacksonville. If that were to happen I would truly be devastated. So devastated that I might become distraught and wear FSU apparel to every game.
      Anyway, Back at the ranch, it will be hard for me the next time Wayne Weaver has a press conference and says "the team will not go to L.A." to actually believe him. I am currently looking for ANYTHING to restore my trust in my much beloved Jaguars.

No comments:

Post a Comment