Stadium2

Stadium2

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Consider Bobby (Bowden) for Sainthood

In football, the next month or 2 is called "The Dead Zone". In my boredom, I decided since ESPNU is showing bowl games from January, I would DVR the most important ones, the Fiesta bowl (Blake Bortles), and the National Championship (FSU). In the last few days, I've watched the National Championship 3 or 4 times and I was thinking about the other important FSU games I had on DVD. 

Several years ago, the greatest end to a coaching career happened in Jacksonville, Florida. Bobby Bowden, longtime head coach of the FSU Seminoles, coached his last game on January 1, 2010. I was in attendance with a very homemade sign. I remembered before I left the house to DVR the game just in case my sign made it. I was so happy to see my coach in action one last time.  Many times I meant to watch the game on DVR. But I didn't. I was sad, unsure of Jimbo. I knew if I watched it, then surely it must be true: it was his final game.

About a year or so after the game was played, my cable provider, AT&T Uverse, had to come out and fix something. Well, they end up taking the main box. The box that had all my saved games: Bobby's last game, David Garrard Hail Mary and Scobee's 59 yd field goal.  I was so upset. Distraught even. After a week or two and a few very choice, angry, and stern words with U-Verse ( and oh by the way the box wasn't broken. It was something else..... They had taken my box unnecessarily.), I got on the internet and started searching for Bobby's final game.  Found and ordered. Then I searched for the 2 FSU National Championship games. Found and ordered.  

Fast forward to today. Today, I decided to watch Bobby Bowden's last game. It seemed like the natural thing to do.  Now that I have, it only seems right.  I was at Doak Campbell last year for Bobby's return. It was Jimbo's team now and watching the National Championship game from January solidified that.  (You can read more about that in the post "My Apology To Jimbo Fisher") as I was casually watching it and inboxing a friend on Facebook, I looked up to the TV to see this:





IT WAS MY SIGN!!!!

I'm sure to most of you, this isn't news. But for this Bobby fan, there were some damp eyes and great memories revisited. 

Bobby I Love You!!

MDK In The House

We Must Protect This House

No comments:

Post a Comment