Stadium2

Stadium2

Monday, October 15, 2012

Suck for Polian

Well, friends it been 8 days since the Jags lost their last game. It's been 9 since the Noles lost to unranked N.C. State. I've been a caller on 2 radio call in shows. And still I am filled with angst over my teams. Nothing seems to help. In an effort of silent protest, I have vowed to wear black (dark grey and navy blue are acceptable) until the Jaguars win another game. I'm on day 8 of the black shirt protest. I was talking to someone today who said "Wow. You are serious." I said "Yes I am. If I was any more serious I'd wear black until Gene Smith is fired." Black until Gene Smith is fired. That could last awhile. I don't have the intestinal fortitude for that.
Along those same lines, my friend asks me today "Are you desperate enough to want Bill Polian as your GM?" Uh yeah. I am. We can call the campaign "The Suck for Polian".
Why Polian? Because he can obviously put together a winning team. (See "It's Not Called the Naive Football League") He brought Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck to the Colts. He could really do something for Jax. It would probably tick off Jim Irsay (which would allow me to check an item off my bucket list).
I have realized  that for several years, possibly since 2008, the Jaguars give off a feeling of being close to breaking through and being a yearly playoff contender. And each year nothing has happened. Gene Smith has been with the Jaguars since day one. There was an article this weak with a Gene Smith interview that says that Gene Smith thinks there is not enough talent on the team. No self-respecting GM would ever get up and say those words "this team doesn't have enough talent." DUDE, THAT'S YOUR FREAKIN' JOB. I wanna win. And I wanna win badly. This team cannot win with Gene Smith. Please bring on the Polian. The Suck for Polian campaign begins here and now.

MDK in the HOUSE

We MUST Protect This House

No comments:

Post a Comment