Stadium2

Stadium2

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mark Stoops: Let me help you to the bus...

I am apologizing now for my vehemence. It was a particularly stressful 4th quarter:
Mark Stoops. I've had about enough of you in your short tenure at FSU.  For several reasons, going in chronological order, you and your brother having a love fest at the end of both Oklahoma vs. FSU games. Your brother even tells you "I love you". After he beats the daylights out of you. How does that feel? From a fan's perspective, let me just tell you, we hate it. I don't care if your brother loves you or not. I WANT TO BEAT OKLAHOMA and every other team out there. That's why I hate  these in-family rivalries. I'd call it something else but I'm DESPERATELY trying to keep it clean.
Are you telling me Mark Stoops that you can't keep these penalties down to a minimum? Or is this your idea of a minimum? Clemson, Oklahoma, Wake Forest, all riddled with penalties. Are you teaching this guys to block or just hold, or just "personal foul" and hope no one sees?
Now I beg you to listen for the first 23 seconds of this Billy Dean country song below:
http://youtu.be/77oUfGrX-Zo
In an attempt to plead my case to Mark Stoops, I change the words of the song with the words below.
"Gonna hold who needs holdin', block who needs blockin', face mask those who need face maskin' though it means an extra 15 yards, personal foul who needs foulin',  fight what needs fightin', and hope players don't get thrown out the game."
Are you telling me you can't keep Virginia (I mean come on it's freakin' Virginia) from scoring in the 4th quarter? That was a defensive abomination. You need to get a hold of yourself.
Jimbo, let me share with you a few words from the former coach of the Miami Hurricanes, Jimmy Johnson. When asked about Bobby Bowden, on a piece done about Bowden's coaching career and the wide right-wide left scenario, Jimmy Johnson says if Bowden was so great he would have already beat me and he wouldn't need just a field goal in the last seconds of a game to do it. Guess what Jimbo? Same goes for you (Virginia? really?). And by the way, you might want to rethink some of those passing plays in the 4th quarter.
Next week is the FSU vs. Florida game. I really hope Mark Stoops can start to get his act together. It would be terribly embarrassing to lose to a crappy Gator team. Jimbo, your #RD (real deal) status is in serious jeopardy. You HAVE to beat Florida, especially if I actually go to Gainesville for this game. I hate Gainesville.
ACC. Please regain control of the pop warner refs you put out there to call college football games. You should be ashamed. You should want to get it right with FSU after all of the gaffes that have been committed this season.
It's nights like these when I reminisce about the old games. I guess this one wasn't so different.

MDK in the House

No comments:

Post a Comment