Stadium2

Stadium2

Sunday, March 13, 2011

An Apology to Peyton Manning

I know what you are thinking. An apology to Peyton Manning? What on earth for? Perhaps I should begin by reminding you that I'm a die hard Florida State and Jacksonville Jaguar fan. For years I have blamed my football ills on Peyton Manning. Ills? What ills? Like the last minute throw together wins he has put together in Everbank Stadium since I've been a season ticket holder. Ugh. Except of course for the 59 yard Josh Scobee field goal in the last second to beat the Indianapolis Colts this past season.  GLORIOUS. I digress... For some reason I have recalled the details of the FSU National Championship Game in Tempe, Arizona at the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl in this manner: Peyton Manning caused us to lose the National Championship. It was his fault. As is everything else (God Bless Him). Until I was reading the book "Grateful" by Ryan Sprague. With great embarassment, I realized it was Tee Martin who was the quarterback that fateful day. No matter, FSU won a National Championship the next year. With all the remorse out of the way... I ask:
How many National Championships did Peyton Manning win? None.
How many times did he beat Florida? None.
I feel bad, but not that bad.

MDK In The House

No comments:

Post a Comment